Friday, January 15, 2010

Why Study Globalization and Development?

Friday, January 15, 2010
It is important to study globalization and development because it will help me to become more knowledgeable about the different phenomena that are happening around the world right now. I think that this subject will allow me to have a deeper understanding on the societal issues, so I can engage or participate actively in the development and improvement in the different fields such as politics, technology, science, culture, economy, education, and the like. By being actively involved, I would be able to work hand-in-hand and think of ways in making our world a better place to live in.

Globalization has affected my life in many ways. For instance, researching is much easier because there is the internet, where I can find the information that I need to satisfy my curiosity. Moreover, besides books, the internet provides me with necessary facts and trivias on different concerns and trends in the field of early childhood education, which serve as guides for me to become a better and competent early childhood educator in the near future. Furthermore, because of the modern technology, I get to experience a comfortable lifestyle. On the other hand, globalization has taught me how to save and budget my allowance because of the continuous price increase in basic needs such as food, clothing, and even transportation in our country.

I think that studying globalization and development should not be taken for granted because it will help me become connected with the whole world. By learning about the various discilpines and approaches related to it, a lot of opportunities will be open for me to contribute something to our society. Hence, it will serve as my passport to achieve my goals and dreams.


References:
Singh, K. (2004). Questioning globalization.
Manila: Ibon Books
Rodrik, D. (2007). One economics, many recipes: globalization, institutions, and economic growth.
New Jersey: Princeton University Press

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
◄Design by Pocket, BlogBulk Blogger Templates